MIMO fits right into recommendation number #1. Come on down!Every college or university student can ace this challenge without going broke.
1. Make someone else’s garbage your treasure. Browse Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for futons, desks, chairs, etc. instead of spending a fortune buying new furniture.
2. Sharing is caring. Do you and your roommate really need separate mini-refrigerators and TVs?
3. Think organic. Consider 100 percent organic cotton or bamboo linens and bedding.
4. Take charge. Use power strips to easily manage your appliances and unplug whatever you aren’t currently using.
5. Turn off the lights and all appliances when you’re not in the room. Encourage dorm-mates to do so in lounges or other dorm common areas too.
6. Choose energy-efficient products such as CFL/fluorescent lightbulbs and Energy Star rated appliances.
7. Invest in a reusable water bottle. It will cost less than $15, and some cafes give a discount when you use a reusable bottle for drinks.